Honda Elite S, SR forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honda Elite S, SR forum

a forum for honda elite sr modding information

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

a topic on oko or pwk flatslide carbs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ldrancer
Admin

a topic on oko or pwk flatslide carbs Empty
PostSubject: a topic on oko or pwk flatslide carbs   a topic on oko or pwk flatslide carbs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 6:15 pm

watch out about those carbs. they can have airleaks around the slide, it seems pretty easy. test by letting the slide all the way down with the throttle slide adjustment screw. until it bottoms out. and then suck the carburetor, without gas in it, from the side the engine sucks on. you should have the mixture screw cracked open a little bit anyway. and the only air that should seep through should be through that hole. mainly. also, just push the slide forward and backward, like engine side, to airbox connection side. if theres any play, air will go around it.

i dont know what is going on with them carbs, or what, is happenning. hmm but i ordered another flatslide carb from treatland, and got a polini version to make sure i wasnt getting junk. and the thing sucked air I checked it before i ever hooked it up. then i called sudco, who told me it was better. because it had play in it. I went with what they said and thought ht epolini would work out. had to send it back to treatland. was too broken up down low. sometimes it would tune good with the mixture screw. then other times it wouldnt tune good.

that was an airleak and if i let off the throttle and that extra air seaped through it could lean out my motor by letting that extra air through and lock it up. sent it back to treatland for an rma. I want my money back
Back to top Go down
http://mopeddump.net78.net
dooopppdoooopp

PostSubject: which carb exactly?   a topic on oko or pwk flatslide carbs I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 5:31 pm

was the polini PWK also leaking air from the slide?
Back to top Go down
ldrancer
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a topic on oko or pwk flatslide carbs   a topic on oko or pwk flatslide carbs I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 11:24 am

about 5% of the time.
i also found out that later, i was using the wrong case gasket sealant stuff for the case halves. i heard off everybody else. i finally looked it up, i just used what i thought was the permatex version of what i wanted, hondabond ht. but i read the wrong stuff. i just read some website. some guy said it worked for case halves. i used ultra black. wrong stuff. i read some more, and found some guy had found te equivalent specs from honda, and hondabond ht which is what you want, he found the permatex equivalent to their specs, or needs like all their qualifications, their properties they try to copy, and permatex ultra gray is the equivalent to hondabond ht. i got another carburetor an arreche along with my last rebuild. its not gave me no problems, much really yet.

that polini sounded like it would run good, sometimes when i ripped back the throttle. sounded ok. but i dont know. i dont know if it was so big, that it covered up some of my problems.

i used a dellorto phbg, most of the time. and i got videos. i never was able to tune it, ever. i was thinking about retrying it now that ive rebuild and found out i was using the wrong case sealant. to see if it was giving me a problem and see if that dellorto works. right now. not had a chance too. i found when i pulled the motor apart, there really wasnt no case gasket sealant left inbetween the case halves, left on it.

stock motors use hondabond ht or equivalent. ill see if i had a problem, when i retry to tune the dellorto carburetor on there.
Back to top Go down
ldrancer
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a topic on oko or pwk flatslide carbs   a topic on oko or pwk flatslide carbs I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 11:40 pm

but to answer that question more straight, the slide did have play it sucked air around it. i used my mouth as a suction test. it wasnt as bad as the oko. it was closer, it had just a little bit of play.. but it would 95% of the time when you sucked on it, maybe 78% or something like that, it would have an air leak. i would notice it on my scooter when it seemed, ok. seemed like it would take off, i wouldnt notice the cut out, then id go, to stop again and have it do the same, cut out. so i knew that was a problem. i checked it first, talked to some people, theythought it was ok. from keihin. i talked to people from keihin. i guess he didnt know what i was saying or didnt know, what he was talking about. i then returned this.
I think treatland went out of their way, to find a shitty slide to throw in it. after their advertisement that i couldnt tune and i told them about my problem and described why it was happening, what i was running into, and what to do. they told me, only, to return it. didnt offer to replace it, i described what my problem was and how it acted on my scooter. so they wherent even concerned about the money.

recently from treatland they returned my money on a big order, and said, we can't sell parts.
they've never had a problem with selling me parts. i ask technical questions, and try to get advice. when i returned the polini, i told them, that i wanted to have the polini warranty that it didnt work. i wanted to use that and return it on that. they didnt say nothing. they returned my money to me, after my last big order, wouldnt ship out the parts. but didnt offer any advice on the dellorto carburetor either to me. but i wanted to fix it, tune it. so i said no they told me just to return it. and i kept it and have been trying to tune it. didnt keep, thou the 60 dollars on jets i bought from jetsrus for that oko carb thou, from me spending it.

and they resold that oko saying i couldnt tune. but they can't sell parts. its not my problem they have a site on the internet and lie to everybody.

pretty much, look at treatland their site is stupid. its a silly site that sells any shit they can get and mostly most of it, is from china.

my evidence of that, is .. hehe they ct-chrome .. manifold they sell. it used to be a good quality. they either started making good quality and went to china, or they stole the part and pumped them out of their manufacturing plant in china. and they sell them for way overpriced shit cost. becuase its way overpriced for that shit china part
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a topic on oko or pwk flatslide carbs   a topic on oko or pwk flatslide carbs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a topic on oko or pwk flatslide carbs
Page 1 of 1