Honda Elite S, SR forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honda Elite S, SR forum

a forum for honda elite sr modding information

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Troubleshooting my Honda Elite 50 2001 SR

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ldrancer
Admin

Troubleshooting my Honda Elite 50 2001 SR Empty
PostSubject: Troubleshooting my Honda Elite 50 2001 SR   Troubleshooting my Honda Elite 50 2001 SR I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 6:17 pm

alright. i got this video account. i'm just going to make this post here, and if anyone, has any questions, just ask me. This is where I been trying to troubleshoot my scooter. I've been, trying to build up a 72cc polini corsa Big bore kit, with so far, pg-long taiwan exhaust pipe. i've been rebuilding the bottom end, thats what I started with. Was that.

And i've been trying other carburetors. Been trying to get one that works, that gives me good power, and isn't too big of a gas hog. is what i was going for.
I've tried, a dellorto phbg 21mm, a OKO PWK 28mm, Polini PWK 24mm, and now i've got an arreche 17.5mm. which, is what i wanted to start out with in the first place. thats waht i wanted to start out with in the first place, was the arreche carb. it fits a honda elite, with like, hardly no mods.

I've got the Dio keihin PB 14mm stock carb, and intake and airbox. Theres a few differences, but its the same size carb. Theres an exchangable pilot jet. When you use the arreche version of the carb, you have to get a different one than the honda Elite's one. so.

I did try the stock 14mm carb on this bike. and it did run. and it also didnt overheat, but it seemed to not have a quick snap in the throttle. Im not sure what went on. anyway, i switched to the arreche. i had to dremel out my manifold a little bit, becuase the hole wasnt lined up with the carb, and i had to dremel out my plastic spacer insulator the black thing too. some. and i had to remove the o ring, cause it got too close to it, and i had to use a paper gasket for the gasket seal, between the insulator and manifold. anyway. i rebuild the bottom end before i tried this carburetor.

these videos show my, some of my different rebuilds, and trying to use the carb's, and stuff. here they are My vimeo video account
Back to top Go down
http://mopeddump.net78.net

Troubleshooting my Honda Elite 50 2001 SR
Page 1 of 1